The Risks and Benefits of Delta 8 Vapes: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
Delta 8 THC, a cannabis compound that has been gaining popularity among users who want a milder, less anxiety-inducing high, is now being marketed in vape form. Delta 8 vapes are increasingly becoming the go-to choice for many consumers, but with all the buzz around this product comes the question of whether it’s safe or not. In this article, we’ll explore the risks and benefits of delta 8 vapes based on a systematic review of the evidence.
What are Delta 8 Vapes?
Delta 8 THC is a psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants. Delta 8 vapes contain this compound in a concentrated form that is then inhaled through a vaporizer. The effects of delta 8 vapes are said to be milder and less intense than those of regular cannabis, making it a popular choice for people who want a more relaxed and manageable high.
Benefits of Delta 8 Vapes:
- Legal in most states – Unlike Delta 9 THC, Delta 8 THC is legal in most states. This means that consumers can enjoy the benefits of Delta 8 without the legal risks associated with Delta 9 THC.
- Mild psychoactive effects – Delta 8 THC is known for its mild psychoactive effects. This means that consumers can experience the benefits of Delta 8 without feeling overly intoxicated.
- Pain relief – Delta 8 THC has been shown to provide pain relief for a variety of conditions, including chronic pain, arthritis, and migraines.
- Appetite stimulation – Delta 8 THC can stimulate the appetite, making it a useful tool for those who struggle with eating disorders or have difficulty maintaining a healthy appetite.
- Relaxation – Delta 8 THC can help promote relaxation and reduce anxiety, making it a useful tool for those who struggle with stress and anxiety.
Or Subscribe and Save 30%
Or Subscribe and Save 30%
Risks of Delta 8 Vapes
- Lack of regulation – Because Delta 8 THC is a relatively new product, it is not yet regulated by the FDA. This means that consumers may be at risk of purchasing products that are not safe or effective.
- Possible contamination – Without proper regulation, there is a risk of contamination in Delta 8 vapes. This can lead to adverse health effects.
- Side effects – While Delta 8 THC is generally considered to be safe, some consumers may experience side effects such as dry mouth, red eyes, and dizziness.
- Addiction – Like any psychoactive substance, there is a risk of addiction to Delta 8 THC. Consumers should be aware of this risk and use Delta 8 vapes responsibly.
- Lack of research – Because Delta 8 THC is a new product, there is a lack of research on its long-term effects. Consumers should be aware of this and use Delta 8 vapes with caution.
Delta 8 vapes offer a promising alternative to regular cannabis for people who want a more relaxed and manageable high. The compound has been found to have several potential benefits, including anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and anti-anxiety properties. However, there are also risks associated with delta 8 vapes, including impairment and the potential for contaminants and harmful additives in the product.
It’s important for users to do their research before trying delta 8 and to consult with a healthcare provider if they have any underlying medical conditions. Additionally, users should purchase delta 8 from reputable sources that test their products for contaminants and harmful additives.